Main menu


Aleksandr Mitrovic was denied a spot in Fulham's goalless draw against Wolves.Premier League

featured image

Wolves goalkeeper José Sa confirmed his team scored a point by saving Alexander Mitrovic’s late penalty in a goalless draw with Furamato Molyneux.

Mitrovic, who scored twice in Fulham’s opening day draw with Liverpool last week, gave his side a chance to take all three in the 81st minute when referee John Brooks pointed a spot after a slump in Rayan Ait Nouri. was given. Bobby Decodova Reed Timed Challenge.

Mitrovic looked poised to score his 45th goal in league play after a record-breaking feat in the championship last season, but Sir slammed his right hand to prevent the forward’s spot kick. jumped into

Brooks’ penalty decision was not unsatisfying, but in the balance of play for the afternoon, justice was served when Sa guessed correctly to make sure the points were shared.

The Wolves started off with breakneck speed in scorching temperatures as both Pedro Neto and Huang Heechan forced Fulham goalkeeper Marek Lodak into action. Neto was brilliantly picked off by Daniel Podens, but his diagonal drive was blocked and the Wolves forward returned the rebound in front of goal. He sprinted one-on-one, but this was also blocked.

Mitrović’s wild volley in the team’s first attack was greeted with loud cheers by the home loyal fans, but Fulham didn’t let de Cordova Reid’s downward header from Andreas Pereira’s corner cut the goal line. Shortly after being cleared by nearby Ruben Neves, he threatened again.

José Sa saves a penalty for Alexander Mitrovic. Photo: David Rogers/Getty Images

Rodak’s gaffe later gave Neto another chance, but he missed the chance to go for an open goal, and Podens distorted the loose ball heavily.

The home side should have broken the deadlock in the 53rd minute. Aït-Nouri’s perfect low his cross gave him a tap-in for Morgan Gibbs-White, but England’s U-21 forward could not convert.

Wolves manager Bruno Large gave newcomer Gonzalo Guedes his first appearance in the 57th minute, allowing Huang to make way. The Portuguese forward’s darting his run helped Fulham’s defense stretch, but the visitors held tight behind and continued to push forward.

Home fans became restless as Neeskens Kebano forced Sá to make a rare save near the post. With 12 minutes remaining, Raj sent Adama Traoré and Nelson Semedo for Neto and Johnny respectively, but the dice rolled in Fulham’s favor in the 80th minute.

Brooks didn’t hesitate to point the finger at de Cordoba Reid after a misjudged tackle by Ait Nouri, but Sir denied Mitrovic.

Mitrovic and Gibbs-White clashed in injury time, and anger flared after Mitrovic’s closing challenge, with both players leaning on their foreheads to earn a reservation.